Rekord C Coupe 67

Alles für den Hobbyschrauber
the Brain

Re: Rekord C Coupe 67

Beitrag von the Brain »

Interior lighting has continuous plus, the red cable and earth via the housing or the door contact switches. There are three switch positions. In the middle is off. And then once continuous light and light when the door is open. There are small contact points on the right and left of the switch. No earth could be connected there. Cleaning and greasing often helps. We are now talking about the light on the passenger side that looks like a zeppelin.

The engine compartment lighting receives voltage when the light is switched on. On the left on the bulkhead is a gray triple power distributor, two are for the switch for the reversing lights on the gearbox and the third has voltage when the lights are on. The lighting is grounded via the hood. There is a mercury switch in the housing that switches the earth. Your unit may be so early that you have just such a light in the trunk. However, this was changed again relatively early in 1967. So my first guess would be that the mercury switch is out of work.

Instrument lighting receives voltage through the white multiway connector on the side of the instrument board and is regulated via the dimmer when the light is switched on. To bridge, the two outer contacts must be bridged. The contact in the middle is for the red cable of the clock. Both are conductors on the circuit board which can also be defective. You can connect a separate ground to the base plate of the speedometer and check whether there is voltage at the dimmer.
Full voltage is applied to the screwed contact on the passenger side, where the glove compartment, ashtray and Z-lighter are connected as they are not dimmed ex works. The contact on the passenger side is dimmed and this is where the gray and red cable for the speedometer lighting is connected, as well as the additional Sprint instrument lighting and the lighting for the automatic center gear selector.

.....und Er lächelt, denn Er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer! 8)

Nix iss mir so lieb , wie der Heckantrieb........
xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

This is how the connections were when I first removed the panel. There is a red wire connected that is going nowhere. I don't have glove box, lighter or ashtray lights installed on this car

The plug for the clock was desoldered from the board..i resoldered it and clock started working. Now is loose again but that shouldn't be the reason for the instrument panel lights not working.

I bridged the dimmer by connecting the 2 blue circled connections

All the other connectios you say are there. I´ll check the mercury switch then.
Dateianhänge
1.jpg
20230705_211910.jpg
Zuletzt geändert von xpbernardo am 13.02.2024, 11:33, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Rekord 1900 Luxe Coupé 67
xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

xpbernardo hat geschrieben: 13.02.2024, 11:25 This is how the connections were when I first removed the panel. There is a red wire connected that is going nowhere. I don't have glove box, lighter or ashtray lights installed on this car

The plug for the clock was desoldered from the board..i resoldered it and clock started working. Now is loose again but that shouldn't be the reason for the instrument panel lights not working.

I bridged the dimmer by connecting the 2 blue circled connections

All the connections you described are there. I´ll check the mercury switch
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

The red cable that goes nowhere is not needed.
And the screw on the right-hand side has no purpose for the light. The contact next to it carries power. That's where the gray-red cable is connected. Bridge there, the contacts on the outside.

The clocks are electro-mechanical and often hang when the grease is resinified or have a fuse inside thats gone sometimes.

Clock and instrument lighting have nothing to do with each other in terms of supply voltage. The clock is connected to a fuse together with the trunk lighting and the interior lighting.

A Coupe is always luxury equipment, with light for ashtray, Z-lighter and glove compartment.

You can see where the lighting is plugged into the cigarette lighter on the left of the picture. The hole across is meant. You will also find something similar on the right next to the ashtray. A kind of tower that contains the socket.

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

the Brain hat geschrieben: 13.02.2024, 12:33

A Coupe is always luxury equipment, with light for ashtray, Z-lighter and glove compartment.

You can see where the lighting is plugged into the cigarette lighter on the left of the picture. The hole across is meant. You will also find something similar on the right next to the ashtray. A kind of tower that contains the socket.
Unfortunately , when the car was repainted 25 years ago , those items were gone....I would like to have them but no luck till now. Also teh trunk light is missing

The connection on the multiplug can be dirty or not making contact. Although every other contacts seems to be working: Hibeam; Fuel; Battery/alternator; Oil; Temperature and Blinker
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

I need a picture of the trunk lid from inside the left area towards the rear or the VIN. 3-5 digits is enough. Should start with 12 which means Coupe. I think I can still get a lighting unit together.

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

-
Zuletzt geändert von xpbernardo am 13.02.2024, 13:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Remove the VIN, that's better. In the assembly, the unit is from VIN.

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

OK... Dimmer is dead. With the bypass lights are working
Still no light in the hood light and interior light.
Gray plug in engine compartment works on the reverse gear.
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Okay. Interiour Light has power on red wire everytime? And the third contact from the grey plug has power when lights on?

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

the Brain hat geschrieben: 13.02.2024, 19:07 Okay. Interiour Light has power on red wire everytime? And the third contact from the grey plug has power when lights on?
All sorted out and working properly (except for the dimmer)

Now a new issue... The wiper blade motor seams to be dead also. Sometimes when giving ignition there was a small movement and sound. Now not a single sign...
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Scheißkarre..... :mrgreen:

You got Power on the switch?

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

the Brain hat geschrieben: 13.02.2024, 22:25 Scheißkarre..... :mrgreen:

You got Power on the switch?
Calling it names doesn't help. I tried it already.... 😂 It's normal. Car sitting without running 20 plus years without knowing what was working or not... I'm 48 and last time. It ran I was "a kid" 😂
Think that I have power on the switch
The other button works fine also. The fog light and the button light
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Okay, then I would measure whether the voltage is also reaching the wiper motor. If not, I should have a replacement and could send it together with the missing lighting.

Yes, you're right, but it's time to let off steam..... :mrgreen:

xpbernardo

Beitrag von xpbernardo »

the Brain hat geschrieben: 14.02.2024, 08:02 Okay, then I would measure whether the voltage is also reaching the wiper motor. If not, I should have a replacement and could send it together with the missing lighting.

Yes, you're right, but it's time to let off steam..... :mrgreen:
I'll check on Friday. The mercury switch on the hood light is toasted. For now I made a direct connection just to test it. Couldn't find the mercury switch only.
What missing lights do you have?
Antworten