Commodore A suspension

Allgemeines Gequatsche, Off Topic und Small Talk
Antworten
StefanCommo1969

Commodore A suspension

Beitrag von StefanCommo1969 »

Hello !

My name is Stefan, I am from Romania and I am pasionate about the Opel brand and regularity rallies.
I currently own a 1969 Commodore A GS - sedan and a Rekord C 1700L from 1967.

I am at the point that I need to change the front and rear coil springs. I found a lot of threads on the forum about using KAW Federn - 40-50mm, but as I cannot read in german I use google translate, so I do not understand some of the information.

If someone could help me with an answer, I would deeply appreciate it :

So, my question is : If I install KAW springs 40-50 mm, using the standard wheels and tires (185/80/14), will the car sit too low and create problems with steering(front wheels touching the wheel arches) or hitting the ground ?

I understood that rubber lifters can be used with the KAW springs in order to keep the ride height close to original ?

Last, but not least : Is it possible to gen NEW ORIGINAL coil springs anywhere ?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Very interesting forum, I can see that there is a lot of information available.
Hopefully I will be able to understand some of it.
Dateianhänge
image2.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image0.jpeg

Joan

Re: Commodore A suspension

Beitrag von Joan »

e.g.
https://www.o-t-r.de/produkt-kategorie/ ... mmodore-a/

Problem is that these aftermarket springs are not flat on one side as the originals.
You need the right upper rubber to fit them nicely.
I remember that like 2 years ago or so i was forced to order other rubbers from altopelhilfe.de that fitted better.

Its a bit try and error with these rubbers.

I think i ordered lesjöfors springs heavy duty version.

Cant say anything about KAW, but i like my car more useful than low.
Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
El Greco

Beitrag von El Greco »

StefanCommo1969 hat geschrieben: 29.07.2022, 14:42 Hello !

My name is Stefan, I am from Romania and I am pasionate about the Opel brand and regularity rallies.
I currently own a 1969 Commodore A GS - sedan and a Rekord C 1700L from 1967.

I am at the point that I need to change the front and rear coil springs. I found a lot of threads on the forum about using KAW Federn - 40-50mm, but as I cannot read in german I use google translate, so I do not understand some of the information.

If someone could help me with an answer, I would deeply appreciate it :

So, my question is : If I install KAW springs 40-50 mm, using the standard wheels and tires (185/80/14), will the car sit too low and create problems with steering(front wheels touching the wheel arches) or hitting the ground ?

I understood that rubber lifters can be used with the KAW springs in order to keep the ride height close to original ?

Last, but not least : Is it possible to gen NEW ORIGINAL coil springs anywhere ?

Thank you for taking the time to read this.
Very interesting forum, I can see that there is a lot of information available.
Hopefully I will be able to understand some of it.
Hi Stefan,

I think i met you in October 2020 in Greece, were you at a rally in pelopones?
Was man sich von einem Stuhl abgucken kann? Er kommt mit jedem Arsch klar!
StefanCommo1969

Beitrag von StefanCommo1969 »

Hello !!

@Joan I tried writing to o-t-r.de
They answered that the car with probably sit lower with the springs that they are selling. :?
I am not looking for that, I just want want the suspension to be a little stiffer. (I think the old springs have lost their specifications over time)

@El Greco
Yes, I was at that rally in Peloponnese. I am going again this year if all goes well.
Nice to hear from you again.
Joan

Beitrag von Joan »

StefanCommo1969 hat geschrieben: 01.08.2022, 15:13 Hello !!

@Joan I tried writing to o-t-r.de
They answered that the car with probably sit lower with the springs that they are selling. :?
I am not looking for that, I just want want the suspension to be a little stiffer. (I think the old springs have lost their specifications over time)

I suspect the same for mine, this information OTR should provide directly. Thanks
Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
Antworten